Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Smart man..

Today I am having one of those days where everything I do is.... mmmm......off kilter?  Wrong? Not as it should be? Not me.  (Ok, the part where I drove over the candy cane lights lining the driveway was probably me-ish, but damn it! I was trying so hard not to hit them and this ONE TIME I didn't pay attention.....)

But this post isn't about this day.  It's about yesterday.  The day we were supposed to get all glammed up in formal wear and attend a party for my husbands work.  A day when this amazing man I married asked me if I wanted to ditch the party and go out on a date with him instead.  And when I asked him "why", and "Are you sure?", he replied, "I spend more time with all of those people than I do with my own family, really, I'd rather just be with you."

Seriously.  Is he not the most BRILLIANT (imagine that word sparkling would you) man?

I think I just fell in love with him.  All over again.

And the part where he came home with two new packages of candy cane lights and fixed up the damage I did in the driveway this morning without saying a word, and also the part where he tasted the chili I made without checking to see if I had chili powder in the house before I started (I did not, shocker) and told me it tasted really good anyway, well that's just icing on the cake.

See, I told you I'm arriving.  Right on time.

1 comment: