Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lemony Hummus...


It's Wednesday and I'm finally getting caught up.  So much so that I was able to squeeze in a two hour hike this morning in lieu of a gym workout.  The sun was out, the air was brisk.  Perfect morning.  When I got home all I wanted to eat was a big bowl of hummus.  Super easy to throw together on a whim.


Lemony Hummus (*with changes)
Source: Southern Living, Quick and Easy Recipes
Prep: 10 minutes; Chill: 3 hours

Into a food processor add:
3 green onions, sliced 
3 cloves garlic, crushed/pressed
2 (15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans, drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Dash of hot sauce
1/4 cup olive oil 
Process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides.

(*Mostly I make this for myself so I halve the recipe by using just one can of beans and just wing the measurements for the rest of the ingredients. I don't usually have fresh green onions or parsley on hand so I just leave them out.  I usually add additional lemon juice as well as increase the hot sauce to a couple of dashes.  Just adjust the amounts slowly to your own taste.)




No comments:

Post a Comment